C A L L
P A R T I C I P A T I O N
P R E S E N T A T I O N S
P A P E R S
Send proposals to email@example.com by 9 March 2007
The Rexx Language Association invites you to participate in the 2007 International Rexx Symposium. This four-day technical conference will address topics related to the Rexx family of programming languages: Classic Rexx, NetRexx, and Open Object Rexx. Your knowledge and experience will be welcome, and may take the form of a presentation or a formal paper.
The International Rexx Symposium is the only technical conference dedicated to the Rexx family of programming languages, drawing speakers and attendees from around the world.
The technical program will feature topics addressing Rexx solutions to business problems, application development challenges, Rexx language enhancements and extensions, novel Rexx programming ideas, and the design and implementation of Rexx interpreters and compilers.
The full range of Rexx platforms and environments will be represented, from the mainframe to the desktop to the PDA/phone, and from legacy operating systems to Linux to Java.
Proposals for Symposium presentations and papers are hereby solicited!Presentations and papers in the following topic areas are of particular interest:
- Rexx interfaces to Open Source products such as Java, OpenOffice, Linux, etc.
- Rexx interfaces to proprietary environments such as OLE/ActiveX/WSH, SOM/WPS, etc.
- Cross-platform integration/automation
- Mainframe, large-scale, or mission-critical Rexx applications
- ANSI Standard-compliant extensions to Rexx interpreters
- Interesting Rexx applications, tools, and solutions
- Deploying Rexx applications on unusual or diverse platforms
- Multi- and cross-platform applications
- Rapid prototyping in Rexx
- Designing Rexx applications for performance and portability
- Procedural and O-O Rexx interpreters, compilers, and libraries
- Using Rexx with other technologies such as telephony and wireless
- Re-hosting legacy Rexx applications
- Products that use Rexx as a scripting or macro language
- Status of current Rexx language processor implementations
Attendees will range from those who are relatively new to Rexx to authors of Rexx language processors and texts. Presentations are requested at all audience levels.
The Sunday before the Symposium (29 April 2007) will be dedicated to informal tutorials, followed by a social reception. Proposals for the two- to four-hour tutorial presentations are also solicited.
Session ProposalsSession proposals should include the following:
- presenter's name and email address
- session title (fewer than 10 words)
- session abstract (fewer than 100 words)
- presentation type (introductory, tutorial, practitioner, advanced)
- presenter's biographical note (fewer than 100 words)
- any special session scheduling/duration or audio/visual/connectivity requirements
Sessions are one hour long, but alternative durations can be accommodated on request. Speakers should allow ample time for questions and demonstrations.
Presentation and formal paper proposals must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and received by 9 March 2007 to be considered. Submittors will be notified of acceptance by 16 March 2007 via email.
In order to be included in The Proceedings of the Rexx Symposium for Developers and Users (ISSN 1534-8954), a publication-ready version of the presentation or paper (preferably in PDF) must be received by 6 April 2007.
Thanks ToThe 2007 Rexx Symposium is sponsored by the Rexx Language Association, a non-profit member organization, with the generous support of Safe Data, Inc., IBM, Aresti Systems, LLC., and many loyal volunteers and benefactors. The 2007 Rexx Symposium Committee members are Lee Peedin, Rony Flatscher, Gil Barmwater, Chip Davis, Mark Hessling, Frank Clarke, and Les Koehler.
Further DetailsThis Call, the Registration Form, travel/lodging/venue information, and much more are available via the links on the left of this page.
For questions about the Symposium agenda, presentations, publications, or speaking, email email@example.com .
For questions about Symposium registration, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
For any other questions about the Symposium, email email@example.com .